Food from our table is unacceptable for a hamster, so you need to carefully select products for his nutrition. The food should be balanced and healthy. Then your pet will be full of strength and health.
1. Grain mixture. It should be given daily, 1 or 2 times a day, 1-2 teaspoons. You can make up the grain mixture yourself, which will be cheaper than the purchased one. The mixture should include oats, wheat, dried peas, peanuts, sunflower seeds. You can also add millet, corn.
2. Vegetables. The hamster can be fed with beets, cucumbers, carrots, pumpkins, zucchini, corn grains, but in small portions and no more than 1 time per day.
3. Fruit. 2-3 times a week, you can give a little apricots, peaches, apples, pears, bananas.
4. Greens. Small amounts of parsley, dill, lettuce, celery, dandelion and clover leaves can be fed to the hamster.
5. Protein foods. Do not forget to give your pet a piece of boiled lean chicken, some cottage cheese or a boiled egg 2 times a week.
6. Vitamin supplements. Mineral stones for hamsters should be purchased from specialized stores. They will help you get all the necessary elements and help grind the teeth. You can also choose vitamins that your animal will like.
And don't forget that hamsters should always have clean, fresh water.